Skills and KnowledgeThe Dutch education system couples academia and industry and has broad international orientation.
The link between theory and practice is important at the different levels of education. Therefore, internships are a major part of this - students undertake internships for various durations, from full-time for several months up to combining work and studying at school.
The Netherlands cherishes the values of excellent workmanship and uses such methods as bilingual education, international internships and international partner schools to encourage young people to think beyond their national borders. The world is the Netherlands' playing field and all young Dutch people must be trained for an international job market. The Made in Holland- Skills and Knowledge gives you an insight in the way the Dutch organise their education together with their national and international partners. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
- The Netherlands has 1,360 different senior secondary vocational programmes
- 87 percent of Universities of applied sciences students find a job within four months
- The Netherlands is the first non-English speaking country to offer courses taught in English
- 13 percent of the higher education students in The Netherlands come from other countries
- Brainport - a joint venture involving businesses, knowledge and education institutions and the government - made Eindhoven one of the seven most intelligent communities in the world.
For more information please contact
- The 'MBO Raad' is the Netherlands Assocation of VET Colleges. The association represents all government funded colleges for senior secondary vocational education and training and adult education in the Netherlands. On behalf of its members, the MBO Raad promotes the collective interests of the sector, supports common activities of the colleges and acts as an employers’ organisation. www.mboraad.nl
- The Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences (HBO-raad) brings together all the 39 government-funded Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) in the Netherlands. The HBO-raad focuses on strengthening the social position of UAS, is the knowledge centre for applied sciences and a platform for collaboration. The HBO-raad functions also as an employers' organisation on their behalf. www.hbo-raad.nl
- VSNU represents the shared interests of the fourteen research universities in the Netherlands in the fields of research, education, knowledge transfer, funding, personnel policy and international affairs. It functions as an employers’ association, promotes the universities’ interests and provides a forum for the development of common viewpoints. www.vsnu.nl
- NVO2 is the professional association for Human Resource Development (HRD). Drawing on a dynamic network of some 2,000 Human Resource Development professionals. NVO2 focuses on further enhancing the professionalism of this specialist area. www.nvo2.nl
- The Dutch Association for Personnel Management and Organisation Development (NVP) is the network for Human Resource professionals who are engaged in issues such as HR strategy, employment relationships, recruitment and selection, rewards systems, conditions of employment and training plans. www.nvp-plaza.nl
- NL EVD International is a division of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation. It is the central organ of the Dutch government responsible for promoting the international presence of Dutch companies and organisations in foreign markets and for supporting private sector development in emerging markets. www.hollandtrade.com
Do you want to know more about internships with Dutch students?
Contact us by e-mailing to email@example.com.